Benefits why “It’s Better on Poles”
- Enhance calorie burning by 20%- 50% sometimes more = time effective weight loss.
- 90% of total body muscles are being used.
- Increases balance and stability (from 2 feet to 4 feet stance) reducing falls & injury.
- Removes up to 26% load impact of lower hip, knees joints and lower back decreasing the pain & strain.
- Improves upright body posture and alignment as poles support the bodies trunk.
- Increase cardio fitness conditioning by 20-46% compared to a normal walk/jog.
- Increase muscle endurance and toning of the upper body, especially the muscles of the abdominal
- Benefits gained regardless of current levels of fitness and health.
- All the above achieved at a lesser rate of perceived effort.
- Reduced symptoms in neck, shoulder and lower back.
- Uses “cross crawling” motor skills of the brain to increase effective co-ordination with walking rhythm.
- Enhances favourable changes in mood state reducing stress levels more effectively.
- Assist in Cardiac rehabilitation
- Assist in Rehabilitation with many medical conditions, Parkinson’s, orthopedic surgery, heart surgery, cancer surgery and many more…. peripheral vascular disease (bad cramping of your leg muscles when exercising), fibromyalgia, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Assist in Chronic Disease Management like diabetes, arthritis, neuromuscular and cardiovascular-related diseases and many more.
WalkAbout Active “Its Better on Poles” can be done by everybody, anytime, anywhere, from professional athletes and fitness enthusiasts to the elderly, the young, children and families, regardless of fitness or health levels.